Two days before here in Kumbakonam (neighbouring town) people paid homage to 90 kids, who were in their primary education by then were burnt to death in their classroom as the thatched roof caught fire on 16 July 2004. Not even a day passed, then this incident shocked everyone in India.
A day after deaths due to contaminated midday meal at a government primary school in Saran district, about 50 children of another government school were taken ill on Wednesday after they were served food under the scheme in Madhubani district of the state.
The food was served to students of Navtolia Middle School, Bisfi, about 22 km from here. The students alleged that the meal had a dead lizard in it.
Around 50 students complained of stomach ache and began vomiting after eating the midday meal.
While 16 children, aged below 10 years and studying in Class I to V, had died in Chhapra itself, four others were declared dead on arrival at Patna Medical College Hospital (PMCH) late last night. Two died at the hospital this morning, official and PMCH sources said. Among the dead were two children of a woman cook of the midday meal project Panno Devi.
Courtesy & Source –Times of India
Is it fate to put an end for these little souls at such an early age? Do not know when Indian Administrators will learn and keep the measures strict and save souls. Accidents are inevitable, but these incidents are not just accidents, It is Carelessness.
“The Kumbakonam case is still on hearing in court!!! That much speed Indian Judiciary System is actually. Shame on these useless laws. How long you gonna run this Bihar case My India?”
Please pray for the souls.
- India: 22 children die in Saran, 50 students fall ill in Madhubani (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Bihar mid-day meal toll 19 (vancouverdesi.com)
- Bihar mid-day meal death toll rises to 20 (thehindu.com)
- 50 students fall ill after midday meal in Madhubani school (thehindu.com)
- 20 India children die of school meal (rinf.com)
- Protests follow school meal deaths (bbc.co.uk)
- Bihar mid day meal deaths: Family loses one child, prays for 8 others (ibnlive.in.com)