- Was having coffee at Westgate mall when it was attacked on Saturday
- He returned to building a dozen times despite intense gunfire
- Man, who can’t be named for security reasons, was pictured with victims
- Gunfire heard early today despite Kenyan assurances mall had been secured
- ‘At least 10 hostages still being held by a band of Al Shabaab militants’
- Up to three American teenagers and one British person among terrorists
The former soldier is said to have returned to the building on a dozen occasions, despite intense gunfire.
A friend in Nairobi said: ‘What he did was so heroic. He was having coffee with friends when it happened.
‘He went back in 12 times and saved 100 people. Imagine going back in when you knew what was going on inside.