YOU CAN CALL 1098 (Toll Free) if you spot any child labour / kids seeking any help. (Applicable in India) Other countries please share your emergency numbers and share this info.
- Child Labour Information (sjmagicmind.wordpress.com)
- Child Labour in India (standupforacause.wordpress.com)
- Poll blames child labour on poverty (vanguardngr.com)
- dna special: Mumbai lets go of child labourers, thanks to sustained crackdown (dnaindia.com)
- Up to ‘a million or more’ child cocoa workers in West Africa: NGO (modernghana.com)
- Rivers joins push for end of child labour (smh.com.au)
- Child Labour Still Existing in Ghana? (michaelampofo1.wordpress.com)
- Abusing the youth: Support programme holds child labour workshop (mainbaghihoon.wordpress.com)
- War on child labour (thezimbabwean.co)
- 198 child workers rescued in Delhi in the past month, says government (vancouverdesi.com)
A total of 258 child labourers were rescued from across the city in the last one year.
Pratham, an NGO which works for the welfare of children, had conducted 21 rescue operations from across the city.
Seventy-two out of the total children rescued were from Nepal.
This NGO, in the coordination with the police department’s social service branch and state government labour department, raided places after tip-offs.
It raided 21 industries manufacturing bangles and laces and leather units since August.
“We rescued 258 children in the last one year. Seventy-two of them were from the Nepal. The rest were from Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and West Bengal. We have put the children at the Dongri and Mankhurd children’s home. After the prescribed procedure, they will be handed over to their parents or relatives,” said Navanath Kamble, chief of children rescue programme, Pratham.
He added that they would find out why…
View original post 116 more words