He is going viral on Facebook, as next Tendulkar / India got more Tendulkars. Well Sachin is unique, hope some kids raise themselves even better, which Sachin too would be proud of.
Prithvi Shaw scored a 330-ball 546 in a single innings in a school-level match at the Azad Maidan to re-write the record books of Mumbai cricket on Wednesday. Representing Rizvi Springfield, 14-year-old Shaw drove the St Francis D’Assisi bowlers to dust on Day 2 of the prestigious Elite Division Harris Shield Under-16 cricket tournament. His knock was laced with 85 boundaries and and five sixes. Shaw’s record 546 erased Armaan Jaffer’s 473, scored in a Harris Shield match earlier this year. Here are the ten things to know about him:
* The 14-year-old right-handed batsman is the captain of the Mumbai Under-16 team
* Will celebrate the 546 over Chinese food with dad
* He lost his mother at the age of four
* His innings of 546 came in 367 minutes and took 330 balls. He scored 85 fours and five sixes
* Former County player Julian Wood spotted his talent when he scored 73 against an English academy side in Mumbai five years ago
* He has played for Gloucestershire second team this year. This is just below first-class level
* In 2012, he spent three months in Manchester
* He used to stay in Virar. He used to get up at 4.30 am and catch the 6 am train for Bandra (90 minutes journey) for training at MIG club.
* Loves cartoons
* Former India spinner Nilesh Kulkarni spotted him when he was 10.
News Courtesy : NDTV