You may see child labour is not a serious issue or you may choose to presume that child labour happens only in movies. Because it is not happening anywhere in your circle. If you think like that then it is time now to wake up. The very product you use, the food you eat or... Continue Reading →
A real change is possible only when the change begins at the roots; our children are the roots of the world's future. At this very moment somewhere in the world there are organisations and people working their souls for the betterment of the society. Be it the UNESCO or some random human, the world knows... Continue Reading →
It just started to rain. As he gazed the thatched roof, laying on the floor, without a blink, the drizzles slowly became heavy showers. A drop dripped on his eye. He rolled down the sleeves to hide the wounds and decided to go to school. He realized, why his mother always hated the garage owner.... Continue Reading →
Though child labor is illegal in Nepal, an estimated 1.6 million children between the ages of five and 17 years are in the work force, according to the National Child Labor Report. About three-quarters of them are under the age of 14, and most are girls. Child workers are a frequent sight on Kathmandu's streets, whether... Continue Reading →
Every day in India, almost forty girls under the age of fifteen, are forced into prostitution. This film suggests a simple way by which we can help stop this inhuman practice. Do not just keeping thinking inside the closed walls! There are thousands of innocent kids losing their way home as we talk! Just step in and... Continue Reading →
YOU CAN CALL 1098 (Toll Free) if you spot any child labour / kids seeking any help. (Applicable in India) Other countries please share your emergency numbers and share this info.
- Child Labour Information (sjmagicmind.wordpress.com)
- Child Labour in India (standupforacause.wordpress.com)
- Poll blames child labour on poverty (vanguardngr.com)
- dna special: Mumbai lets go of child labourers, thanks to sustained crackdown (dnaindia.com)
- Up to ‘a million or more’ child cocoa workers in West Africa: NGO (modernghana.com)
- Rivers joins push for end of child labour (smh.com.au)
- Child Labour Still Existing in Ghana? (michaelampofo1.wordpress.com)
- Abusing the youth: Support programme holds child labour workshop (mainbaghihoon.wordpress.com)
- War on child labour (thezimbabwean.co)
- 198 child workers rescued in Delhi in the past month, says government (vancouverdesi.com)
A total of 258 child labourers were rescued from across the city in the last one year.
Pratham, an NGO which works for the welfare of children, had conducted 21 rescue operations from across the city.
Seventy-two out of the total children rescued were from Nepal.
This NGO, in the coordination with the police department’s social service branch and state government labour department, raided places after tip-offs.
It raided 21 industries manufacturing bangles and laces and leather units since August.
“We rescued 258 children in the last one year. Seventy-two of them were from the Nepal. The rest were from Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and West Bengal. We have put the children at the Dongri and Mankhurd children’s home. After the prescribed procedure, they will be handed over to their parents or relatives,” said Navanath Kamble, chief of children rescue programme, Pratham.
He added that they would find out why…
View original post 116 more words