International Day of the Girl Child is an international observance day declared by the United Nations. October 11, 2012, was the first Day of the Girl. The observation supports more opportunity for girls, and increases awareness of inequality faced by girls worldwide based upon their gender. This inequality includes areas such as access to education, nutrition, legal rights, medical care, and protection from discrimination, violence and unfree child marriage.
No need to do great miracles, just be good for the girls and women around you, treat them equally with respect and dignity.
- International Day of the Girl Child (tweedsmuirlibrary.wordpress.com)
- International Day of the Girl Child – 2013 (modernghana.com)
- International Day of the Girl Child – Roar for the Power of Girls! (girlsglobe.org)
- International Day of the Girl – Friday, 11 October: 1 Day to Go. How Far Do You Travel to School (gbconnect.wordpress.com)
- October Outreach: International Day of the Girl (centerforlivingpeace.wordpress.com)
- All girls have a right to education! (amarnaik.wordpress.com)